Stony Brook Hillel is a warm, pluralistic and dynamic home away from home for Jewish students at Stony Brook University. We are charged with a mission of engaging, enriching, and empowering the next generation of Jewish leaders: The Future of the Jewish People. We do so through:
• Leadership Development
• Community Building Initiatives
• Tzedek (community service)
• Free and highly subsidized immersive experiences in Israel and elsewhere
• Israel-oriented programming and education
• Student-orchestrated and staff/faculty enhanced Shabbat programming
• Joyful Holiday Celebrations
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Various Jewish Learning Opportunities
The University experience is a vital one. It is a time of growth, self-reflection, and awareness. As a fully integrated department, Stony Brook Hillel is able to provide students with multiple resources of support: emotional, spiritual, academic, and social. During this pivotal time, it is crucial that Jewish students be empowered to explore their identity, their connection to Israel, and their personal Jewish trajectory. Stony Brook Hillel provides all Jewish students with opportunities to connect to their peers, and to take ownership of their University community through a multitude of leadership roles. We strive to create singular programming that will resonate with the needs of every student. We invite you to visit the Gloria and Mark Snyder Hillel Center and would be delighted to provide you with a tour of the campus, introduce you to students and to our professional staff.
Learn how Stony Brook Hillel can change your life!
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions!